Background

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Greatest Love



Maybe I was a bit overzealous for our first Valentine’s Day.  I want to give homemade cards and since Roxie Kyle can’t write it seemed only appropriate to use her thumbprints.  Well, have you ever tried to use a pink inkpad with eleven month older wiggly fingers?  Pink ink was everywhere and the cute little thumbprint hearts I had in my mind didn’t turn out to even resemble a heart.  


Regardless, we had a sweet time together, mother and daughter, working on our first craft project.  (I hope there are many more to come). 

While we crafted I told her about Valentine’s Day.  I told her it was a day dedicated to celebrating love. 



I told her I loved her (for probably the millionth time). 

I told her about the greatest love. 

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.”  John 3:16
“but God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”  Romans 5:18
I told her about the greatest commandment.

“And He answered, you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”  Luke 10:27
I told her my prayer for her is Jesus will be her greatest love.

I told her that His love is better than life. 

“Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.”  Psalm 63:3
I know that right now she may not understand what I’m telling her.  But I also know that I am commanded to teach these truths to my children at all times. 

“And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.  You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise . . .”  Deuteronomy 6:6-7
What a sweet responsibility to teach my sweet girl these truths.  Praise be to God!  




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment