Background

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Love List

 “Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens;
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
(You can join in anytime)
Brown paper packages tied up with strings;
These are a few of my favorite things.”

When in college my roommate would often ask the question, “What’s your favorite color, food, city, movie, time of day?” Each time she asked it was a different thing. 
And I would always answer with a frustrated, “I don’t have favorites!!!!” 
She knew confidently what her favorite day of the week was or what country singer she thought was  #1.  I on the other hand, being the extremely indecisive person I am, would just get flustered with the question because I truly had absolutely no idea what was my favorite.  There are so many colors I think are great and there are not many foods I don’t like.  So at that point in my life I conceded that I don’t have any favorites.
But now that I think about it that’s not entirely true.  It is extremely difficult for me to commit to saying one thing is my absolute favorite in a particular category.  However, there is a long list of things I love.  I wouldn’t say they are my favorites (from whatever category they may fall in to) but they are things that make it to my love list! 
So. . . today I introduce you to a new part of 8050 place . . . 
Each week I plan to share one thing from my Love List with you.  For now you can check out (if you haven't already) two things  I’ve shared in the past couple of months that I love magazines and a special inflatable float.  More to come . . .


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment