Background

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Country Living Fair


A few weeks ago I shared about my slight obsession with magazines.  (If you didn’t catch that one click here to read.) At the top of my magazines must read list is Country Living.  This may come as a surprise but taking my vintages/antique/hodge podge style mixed with a love for “crafting” this magazine is a perfect fit.  So . . . when I saw the words, “the pages of Country Living Magazine come to life” I was hooked.


I knew I had to go.  However, the dates didn't work out with my schedule, and they didn't work the next year, or the next.  Each year I would longingly gaze at the pictures of the fair activities.  Someday . . . I would go.  Someday finally came.  This summer when I first saw the advertisement I went straight to my calendar and wrote down the dates.  Then I went to B and presented my sales pitch on why we should go which included golf.  He couldn't say no.  

Just the atmosphere of a planned event like this makes me excited.  The fair was held at Stone Mountain Park in Atlanta, Georgia.  The setting was perfect; a beautiful fall day in the mountains with leaves changing to beautiful golds and reds, endless white tents scattered throughout the clusters of pine trees.


Definitely a trip I would make again.  From antiques to handmade items to tasty treats over 150 vendors were set up for the weekend.  Brooke and I did leave with a few treasures but we came home with just as many ideas for new projects.





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment